A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis Ingram, Editor-in-Chief...
Straight Cash Homie pt.44
NORTH CAROLINA-(BASN)-1. Michael Jordan’s 1997 NFL Finals “flu game” shoe sold for $104, 765.
2. Major League Baseball recorded $8 BILLION in revenues this year.
3. According to Mark Feinstein of the New York Daily News, the New York Yankees 2013 luxury tax bill came to $28 million, which more than the Houston Astros entire payroll of $21 million.
5. Robinson Cano, the former N.Y.Yankees second baseman, has agreed to a 10-year, $240 million contract with the Seattle Mariners. (Thanks, Jay-Z)
6. Sadly, Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odum, are divorcing after only four years. But, with the signing of a pre-nub, Khloe will retain the couple’s $4 million Tarzana, California mansion, as well as her $1 million engagement ring along with all the jewelry and gifts given to her by the former NBA player, who is estimated to be worth $100 MILLION.
7. Eddie J.Monterroso, who worked as a security guard in the Los Angeles Lakers practice facility was arrested for allegedly stealing two NBA championship rings and $20,000 in gift cards designated for holiday events.
8. Texas A&M gave Kevin Sumlin a contract extension worth $5 million annually.
9. The New York Mets agreed to sign Bartolo Colon to a two-year deal worth $20 million, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX SPORTS.
10.Shin Coo reportedly turned down $140 million offer from the NY Yankees.
Eric D.Graham, a graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where he received a B.A. in Mass Communication with a concentration in Radio and Television, with a minor in History, with an emphasis in African-American Studies, is currently the Editor and Chief of Black Athlete Sports Network, where his articles appear daily along with his controversial cartoon character Bobbee Bee “The Hater.” Graham can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org