By Professor Fred Whitted NORTH CAROLINA (BASN) — The title above...
Straight Cash Homie
NORTH CAROLINA-(BASN)-Every team must protect and pay their quarterbacks. Why? Because they are the most valuable asset on the team. With that said, in this segment of Straight Cash Homie, we take look at the money being made by some of these signal callers.
1. Despite the city of Detroit being bankrupt, the Lions will be paying QB Matthew Stafford $17, 825, 600 this season, which is more than the Broncos will be paying future Hall of Famer Peyton Manning, who will be making $17.5 million in Denver.
2. The Windy city, of Chicago, will give quarterback Jay Cutler a paycheck worth $10, 370, 00.
3. The Cheese heads of Wisconsin aren’t upset paying QB Aaron Rodgers $12 million this year.
4. The Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger will making $13,597,450 this year, which is more than the Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco, who will be making only $6.8 million this season, despite his $120 million contract.
5. Matt Ryan a.k.a. “Matty Ice” will bring home $9.6 million playing for the Atlanta Falcons.
6. Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton will only make $6 million this year.
7. Drew Brees, of the New Orleans Saints, is one of the highest paid quarterback in the league, with a check worth $17.4 million.
8. He is no Tony Romo, who will collect $11.8 million from Jerry Jones. But, the Houston Texans Matt Schaub will make $10.7 million this year at quarterback.
9. The San Diego Chargers QB Phillips Rivers, shockingly, will bring home $17.1 million this season. While the Seattle Seahawks Russell Wilson, will only bring home a modest $619, 472.
10. The NY Giants Eli Manning is the highest paid quarterback in the NFL this season with a contract valued at $20.8 million.