By BASN Wire Services ATLANTA — The sneaker industry has gone...
DO YOU REMEMBER? Gilbert vs. Lebron
DO YOU REMEMBER?
By News-Herald staff
Cavs owner Dan Gilbert’s letter to Cleveland fans
POSTED: 08/09/13, 9:09 PM EDT |
Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight:
This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional buildup culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.
Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.
The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you, nor NEVER will betray you.
There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.
You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.
You have given so much and deserve so much more.
In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:
“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE.”
You can take it to the bank.
If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.
Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.
This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown “Chosen One” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow up to become.
But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.
The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.
Sleep well, Cleveland.
Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day …
I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:
DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue …
Open Letter to Dan Gilbert
By: Gary Norris Gray- BASN Staff Reporter
Three years ago you wrote this letter to the fans of the Cleveland Cavaliers. It was a very passionate and eloquent letter. Sir, the commissioner fined you for this short letter even-though you left out a few issues. Sir, you stated it was a coward act by the Chosen One. No, Mr. Gilbert it was a business decision by LeBron James and you sir should have respected that but instead you decided to trashed a intelligent Black man. Refusing to acknowledge your own ineptitude and your bad business decision
1) Mr. James was a free agent and could sign with any team in the league including yours, the Cleveland Cavaliers. James did his due diligence working for your team seven years. James carried a team of no names (CAN ANYBODY NAME THE STARTING FIVE OTHER THEN JAMES?) to the conference Semi Finals in 2005-06 against the Detroit Pistons then again the NBA Finals in 2007 against the San Antonio Spurs. The last straw for James was the lost to the Boston Celtics in the Conference Semi Finals of 2010. To LeBron James it seemed like you were content to just play in the playoffs.
2) It was evident to James that you sir were not interested in winning a championship, it was about padding and promoting the Cavalier brand with James at the head of the table while you received the revenues from that brand. By the way, sir notice that the last three years when the Miami Heat came to Cleveland to play the stadium was full in fact it was standing room only.
3) Since the departure of LeBron James the Cleveland Cavaliers have not won more than 25 games. The first year they only won 19 games. The Cavaliers went from 61 victories to 19 victories. From first place to last place. That should have told you how great LeBron James on the Cavalier floor meant to the team. But as my friend Reggie Howell from WCLM AM 1450 in Richmond Virginia states many times “I Digress”.
5) Mr. Gilbert owes the City of Cleveland three championships which he had in his grasp with LeBron James in a brown and yellow uniform. Gilbert refused to acquire the players to attain a championship and it cost the City of Cleveland. In Gilbert’s last attempt at a championship in 2010 he hired the then elder Shaquille O’Neal on the down side of his career. It did not work. The Cleveland Cavaliers lost in the Conference Semi Finals to the Boston Celtics
6) Mr. Gilbert, you guaranteed the City that the Cavaliers would win the NBA Title before LeBron James. SORRY YOU LOSE, Mr. James went to three championship rounds, winning two of them back to back in Miami. What happened to the Cleveland Cavaliers?
7) Mr. Gilbert you owe the people of Cleveland an apology, and a refund. The profits you pocketed. The fans also helped you with the fines the commissioner levied against you and the organization three years ago.
You sir should be ashamed for fielding a D’League team and having the citizens of Cleveland forced to watch this terrible team day after day.
THE CHIEF WAHOO CURSE IS STILL ALIVE
SLEEP WELL CLEVELAND
Gary Norris Gray
Writer, Author, Historian. Gibbs Magazine-Oakland, California and New England Informer- Boston Mass. THE GRAYLINE:- The Analects of A Black Disabled Man, The Gray Leopard Cove on Blogtalkradio.com Disabled Community Activist. Email at email@example.com
©Copyrighted Gary Norris Gray @ Gray Leopard Prod