SAVED FROM SHAQTIN’ By Arthur George-Special to BASN JaVale McGee is reclaiming...
Who’s the real King of New York?
NORTH CAROLINA-(BASN)-Last month, West coast rapper Kendrick Lamar caused quite an uproar in Hip-Hop with his claims of being the KING OF NEW YORK in a collabo with rapper Big Sean in a song called “Control.” So, we, at Blackathlete.net, felt it was our duty to settle this dispute before it gets out of hand by telling you who really is not the KING OF NEW YORK.
1. New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez is not the King of New York. Enough said. I don’t have to say anymore. .
2. Real estate mogul and reality TV Star Don Trump is not the King of New York, especially after being sued $40 million for allegedly running a phony University.
3. Former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow is not the King of New York, especially after attempting only eight passes while wearing a Jets jersey before getting cut by the Jets and the Patriots.
4.The entire New York Giants are not the Kings of New York, even though they have won two Super Bowls in the last six years, especially after starting the 2013 NFL season (0-4).
6. New York Yankees A-Rod is not the King of New York, especially after denying using PEDs, being involved in Biogensis, and suing the MLB.
7. Congressman Anthony Weiner is definitely not the King of New York, especially after texting his weiner all over the internet and losing the New York mayoral race.
8. Hot 97 DJ Minister Cee is definitely not the King of New York, especially after being arrested for soliciting male prostitutes. Not once. But, three times.
9. New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony is not the King of New York as long as the Knicks keep losing in the first round of the NBA Playoffs
10. And finally, Kendrick Lamar, sorry brother, you are definitely not the King of New York, especially after putting out only one “weak-ass” album.
Eric D.Graham, a graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where he received a B.A. in Mass Communication with a concentration in Radio and Television and a minor in History, with an emphasis in African-American Studies, is currently the Editor and Chief of Black Athlete Sports Network, where his articles appear daily along with his controversial cartoon character Bobbee Bee “The Hater.” Graham can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org