By BASN Wire Services ATLANTA — The sneaker industry has gone...
Looking at the Numbers
NORTH CAROLINA-(BASN)-1. Baltimore Ravens LB Terrell Suggs aka T-Sizzle had three sacks against the Miami Dolphins last Sunday, which gives him seven this year.
2. The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets defeated the Phonix of ElON COLLEGe 70-0 to kick-off their season, which was the largest winning margin ever for an ACC School.
3. Triple A Louisville outfielder Billy Hamilton, who successfully stole 75 bases in 90 attempts, was called up by the Cincinnati Reds, where he stole 41 bases in 72 attempts.
4. Kobe Bryant aka “The Black Mamba” has logged in more minutes than all but 13 NBA players at 145,390 along with 8,641 more minutes in 220 playoff games.
5. New York Yankees’ relief pitcher Mariano Rivera has a 0.32 E.R.A., which is the lowest career earning run average in MLB’s division series.
6. Michigan Wolverines’ QB Devin Garder has thrown eight interceptions in five games this year.
7. South Carolina Gamecocks’ defensive end Jadeveon Clowney has only 12 tackles and two sacks this season.
8. The Oakland A’s had the most home runs (88) and the highest slugging percentage (.451) in the Majors after the All-Star break.
9. The Cleveland Browns have won three consecutive games.
10. In 2012, over 37,000 runners participated in the Bank OF America Chicago Marathon.
Eric D.Graham, a graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where he received a B.A. in Mass Communication with a concentration in Radio and Television and a minor in History, with an emphasis in African-American Studies, is currently the Editor and Chief of Black Athlete Sports Network, where his articles appear daily along with his controversial cartoon character Bobbee Bee “The Hater.” Graham can be reached at email@example.com