CAROLINA CRISIS: THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU By Michael...
Looking at the Numbers
By Eric Graham
Updated: June 13, 2013
- Serena Williams’ win against Maria Sharapova in the French Open women’s final at Roland Garros in Paris, was her 31st in a row, which is her longest single season winning streak in 13 years.
- Tiger Woods has won 4 of the eight tournaments in which he’s played in this season.
- The Miami Heat’s Lebron James had a triple-double in Game 1 of the NBA Finals against the San Antonio Spurs, in which he scored 18 points, grabbed 18 rebounds and dished out 10 assists.
- Serena Williams is 43-2 with six titles this season.
- Tiger Woods hasn’t won a major since 2008 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines.
- Phillips Shuler, of Southeast Raleigh High School, was the North Carolina 4-A State Champion in Wrestling by posting a 39-0 record. He plans to attend East Carolina University this fall.
- The Carolina Panthers defensive ends Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy combined for 25.3 sacks last season, which is the second best total by a tandem in team history and third highest by a passing duo in the league in 2012.
- The Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera has 17 homeruns, 67 RBIs, and a .368 batting average.
- Oxford Webb’s Isiah Hicks, who will be attending UNC next fall, led Webb to a North Carolina 3-A basketball title by scoring 34 points and collecting 30 rebounds.
- WSSU’s legendary head basketball coach Clarence “BigHouse” Gaines won 828 games, eight CIAA titles, and led the Rams to a Division II NCAA championship in 1967.