A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis Ingram, Editor-in-Chief...
A Moment in Time pt.9
1. Former starting power foward Michael Graham, who played on Georgetown’s 1984 National Championship team won $1 million in the DC Lottery Powerball drawing.
2. In 2001, Rasheed Wallace set a league record for technical fouls with 41.
3. Since 1983, the University of Kentucky and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Heel have welcomed 14 first-team All-USA selections, more than any other school.
4. Every year since 1963, at least one running back has been taken in the first round of the NFL draft.
5. In 2010, 50 college players declared early for the NBA draft, which was the most in NFL history.
6. In 1985, Edmonton Oilers (44) and Chicago Blackhawks (25) scored a combined 69 goals, which were the most in a NHL playoff series.
7. On April 15, for the 5th straight year, every major leaguer wore the number 42, in honor of Jackie Robinson.
8. In the 2013 NFL Draft, the No.1 overall pick was offensive tackle Eric Fisher of Central Michigan.
9. On May 4, Floyd Mayweather and the Money Team will fight Robert Guerreo at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and live on Showtime pay-per-view.
10. In 1950, Jackie Robinson played himself in the Jackie Robinson Story, 63 years ago.