By Anthony McClean, Editor In Chief Emeritus NEW HAVEN (BASN) —...
Straight Cash Homie pt 34
By Eric Graham
Updated: March 31, 2013
- The Alabama Crimson Tide made $77 million off of ticket sales and merchandise in 2011.
- The 2010 World Cup brought South Africa $12 billion.
- As a rookie, Cincinnati Bengal’s QB Andy Dalton made only $2.67 million.
- The average salary of the Green Bay Packers offensive line was $3.2 million in 2011.
- The four commissioners that oversee the four major sports are quite wealthy. The NHL’s Gary Bettman earns an average $7.5 million, NFL’s Roger Goddell earns $9.8 million, NBA’s David Stern earns $10 million and MLB’s Bud Selig, who made $18.4 million this past year.
- According to theWizofOdd.coms, 70 Football Bowl Subdivision team spent an average of $1.3 million to attend bowl games for the 2011 season.
- The New England Patriots’ QB Tom Brady purchased a $20 million -20,000 square foot mansion-in Brentwood California.
- The Buffalo Bills signed Kevin Kolb to a two-year $13 million deal.
- The Miami Dolphins have signed former Atlanta Falcons cornerback Brent Grimes to a one-year contract worth $5.5 million. The deal comes with $2.25 million signing bonus with $750,00 of the base salary guaranteed.
- Alabama’s head coach Nick Saban’s new contract, which will pay him an average annual salary of $5.62 million through the 2019 season, made him the highest paid coach in the FBS.