By BASN Wire Services ATLANTA — The sneaker industry has gone...
STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE pt.33
1. South Carolina sophomore defensive end Jadeveon Clowney has taken out a $5 million insurance policy with the NCAA to protect against any future earnings lost to injury.
2. The Martin Luther King Jr. memorial sculpture in Washington, DC cost $120 million.
3. WR Brian Hartline signed a five-year deal for nearly $31 million with the Miami Dolphins, which $12.5 million guaranteed.
4. After cutting CB Chris Gamble, it puts the Carolina Panthers $4 million under the
$123 million cap.
5. ESPN currently pays about $160 million to broadcast five BCS games.
6. The average scholarship of a NCAA Division I athlete is $27,000
7.Richard Mille Tourbillion custom-made green-and-yellow watch worn by Jamaican sprinter Yohan Blake in the semifinals and finals of the men’s 100 meters in London on August 5 is valued at $500,000.
8. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is earning $14.2 million.
9. Chris Johnson signed a $13.5 million guaranteed contract.
10. In the 2011 fiscal year, FBS programs netted $1.6 billion in revenue.