A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis Ingram, Editor-in-Chief...
Straight Cash Homie pt.19
NORTH CAROLINA-(BASN) 1. After winning the heavyweight gold at the 1972 Olympics, Teo’filo Stevenson, who BBC described as the most famous figure after Fidel Castro, turned down $1 million to defect from Cuba and fight Muhammad Ali, saying “What is a million dollar against eight million Cubans who love me?”
3. OKC’s general manager Sam Presti signed forward Serge Ibaka to a four year, $48 million extension in August.
4. Denver Nuggets JaVale McGee, who averaged 10.3 points per game last season, was rewarded with a four year, $44 million deal in July.
5. The Dallas Mavericks signed forward Elton Brand with a $2.1 million amensty claim.
6. Minnesota Timberwolves general manager David Khan signed Andrei Kirilenko to a two-year $20 million deal.
7. Saints owner Tom Benson bought the New Orleans Hornets for $338 million.
8. The Portland Trailblazers Nicolas Batum, who averaged 13.9 points a game signed a $46 million contract for four years.
9. Dan Field won $301,000 on a $17.50 wager by correctly picking the scores to four Champions League soccer games on Nov.7.
10. Go the Distance Baseball LLC, an investment group that includes Hall of Famer Wade Boggs, paid $3.4 million for the 193 acres of Iowa farmland featured in Field of Dreams, which the group plans to turn into a youth sports complex.