Steve Harvey mentoring program

Updated: February 17, 2013
DallasPageHdr

The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation

If you are a young man:

* Between the ages of 13-18

* Enrolled in grades 8th – 11th at the time of submission

* Being raised in a single female home

THEN I AM LOOKING FOR YOU!

I want to invite you to the Steve Harvey National Mentoring Camp in Dallas , June 11-16, 2013 where I and some of my very good friends will conduct a series of seminars on the principles of manhood, leadership, and community empowerment.

For more information go to www.steveharveymentoring.com

APPLICATION DEADLINE : Friday, March 15, 2013

ABOUT THE MENTORING WEEKEND

The goal of “The Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men” is to break the misguided traits of manhood and create a generation of men who are emotionally, socially and economically strong.

The mentoring camps are interactive programs whose sole purpose is to share and teach the principles of manhood and dream building to young men. The program helps young men realize their potential and envision a future where they are physically and emotionally equipped, responsible and productive men.

Hosted by Steve Harvey, this program includes a host of workshops that focus on personal responsibility, dream building, and the importance of nutrition and physical fitness. In addition, the participants are introduced to positive male role models who are leaders in various areas, including business, their communities, entertainment and the military.

Since 2009 thousands of applications have been received for consideration and hundreds of yonng men from single female-headed households have participated in the Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men.

The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation

P.O. Box 52817 | Atlanta, GA 30355 info@smharveyfoundation.org

9 Comments

1. bertha davis

March 19, 2013 at 4:33 pm

hello steve we love your show you are the bomb, now I have a nephew who’s in great need of your help , I live in Hartford CT. and it would be best if he could come to your mentor camp in New York City, his name is Shaune can you please send me all of the Info on the program in NYC , he desperately needs some mentoring from a man, thanks and I am looking forward to hear from you and May GOD bless you and your family.

2. Angela Carter

December 5, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Hi Mr Harvey I am a single mom. I have a,16yr old son going down the wrong path smoking weed, failing his grades n school. Lord knows I am doing the best that I can. We live in Winston Salem, N.C. Can u please send me information about your camp and invite my son Artavious Marley my son name to your camp.

3. Daryl Thomas

January 8, 2014 at 7:50 pm

please send me an application my son is 17years old and I would love him to have the opportunity to attend your camp please. I need Seth to get focused. He is in his last year of school. He is not applying himself as he should. He was unable to play sports because of his grades. He’s very smart, he just want to be the class clown. please help. He’s the last of four children.

4. WILMA GROOMES

January 31, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Please send me a application for my son who is 13 years old. I really need for him to go in a different direction than what he is going in right now. I am a single parent who seems to be drowning in despair and prayer for help to turn my son around and get him onto a better path than he is going.

5. Miss Tasha Bess

February 21, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Dear Mr. Harvey, My son just turned 16. he is a very good kid but…
    being a single mom, I don’t always know what to say to him to keep him encouraged and going in the right direction. But I keep trying. Some hard straight facts and support from you would certainly help. Help ! Please send and application for 2014.
    Thank you…. Miss Bess

6. Shakeela Monroe

March 4, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Dear Mr.and Mrs.Harvey,
    I am a single mother of three.My middle child is the boy well man in our lil pack. My son is thirteen very bright and really doesn’t have a father figure or role models. His father passed when he was younger, and he never knew him. so to tell him how smart wise and successful his dad was,please give William Henry IV a chance so he can really see what he can do,

7. Kerri Avery

March 12, 2014 at 10:42 pm

I am requesting an application for my sister. She is a single mother of 4. Her youngest son that is turning 14 as of April 27th is really going through some things at this time and can really use a male figure in his life to show him the way. Between my sister running her own business and trying to teach him things that a father normally would does not seem to be working out. We just want to place him in the hands of the correct make figures to show him the way so he will be ok and continue to stay out of trouble.

8. Ebony Curry

April 8, 2014 at 7:40 am

Hey, Steve Harvey, I’m a single parent of a 17 year old African American male. I had my son when I was just 14 years old. I think I raised a good young man. But, however he’s becoming a man and I can’t teach him that. So please help me, too help him to become a young man. he’s a good kids he’s also very quiet. We currently live in Atlanta Georgia.

9. Regina Stroman

May 8, 2014 at 8:36 am

Hi Steve
    I am requesting two applications for 2015 if it is to late for 2014 for my grandchildren who live with me in a single parent home. We live in a small town with high crime. Young people killing each other every week. I would like to save my grandsons from this type of living and show them positive avenues. With your mentoring program I believe it will make a difference in our community. If you could find time in your busy schedule to come to Poughkeepsie NY to start a mentor program here, it would turn our community around. Our young people have no youth activities in our community they were all cut because of funding. Please come and help us save our young men from the streets of death, violence, gangs and prison .