A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis Ingram, Editor-in-Chief...
Looking at the Numbers
By Eric Graham
Updated: February 18, 2013
- There are currently four players with more than 1,000 career three pointers on the Miami Heat. Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, and Shane Battier have 6,800 3′s, more than the franchise totals of the Grizzlies and the Bobcats.
- The Indiana Pacers had the 4th best road winning percentage at .576 last season.
- NY Knicks Tyson Chandler’s shot 67.9% from the field last year, which was the highest since Wilt Chamberliain’s 72.7% in 1972-1973.
- The Boston Celtics only averaged 7.7 offensive rebounds last year.
- Of the 781 field goal attempts by Detriot Pistons center Greg Monroe came within two feet of the basket.
- The Cleveland Cavaliers were 11-30 without Anderson Varejao in the line-up last year.
- The Charlotte Bobcats lost their final 23 games last season.
- The OKC Thunder had 8.2 shot blocks per game last season, which was the most in the NBA in 18 seasons and the fifth highest since blocks became an official stat in 1973-74.
- The San Antonio Spurs winning percentage when Manu Ginobili plays is .721, which is the highest for any active player with more than 150 career games.
- LA Clippers’ Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan combined for 333 dunks last season.