THE LIBERATION OF P.K. SUBBAN By Michael – Louis...
A Moment in Time pt.2
1. In 1986, the Chicago Bears’ William “the Refrigerator” Perry scored a touchdown in Super Bowl XX.
2. In 1965, a young Cassius Clay “SHOCKED THE WORLD” by knocking out Sonny Liston to become the heavyweight champion.
3. In 1979, Michigan State’s Earvin “Magic Johnson” scored 24 points against Indiana State’s Larry Bird to win a NCAA basketball championship
4. In 1975, Ohio State Buckeyes RB Archie Griffin was the first player to win back-to-back Heismen’s.
5. In 2002, guard Juan Dixon led the Maryland Terps over Indiana to win NCAA basketball title.
6. In Super Bowl XXII, a 37-year old John Elway launched his body into three Green Packers defenders to pick up a crucial first down in order to lead the Denver Broncos to a thrilling victory.
7. In 2008, the NY Giants won Super Bowl XLII against the New England Patriots when WR David Tyree pinned a pass to his helmet by Eli Manning, which led to a game winning touchdown drive.
8. In 1982, freshman Michael Jordan hit a baseline jumper with 17 seconds left to give the North Carolina Tar Heels a national championship victory over the Georgetown Hoyas.
9. In 1974, the Atlanta Braves’ slugger Hank Aaron surpassed Babe Ruth’s home run record by hitting his 715th.
10. In 2005-2006, Jimmy Rollins had a 38 game hitting streak.