A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis Ingram, Editor-in-Chief...
STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE pt.11
2. Guard Ben Grubbs signed a 5-year/$36 million deal with New Orleans Saints.
3. Nick Saban, who led the University of Alabama to the 2011 National title, is set to become the highest paid football coach at a public university by earning $5.3 million in 2012.
4. Alfonso Soriano, signed an eight-year $136 million contract with the Chicago Cubs.
5. The New Orleans Saints reportedly had a Bounty system, which paid $1,500 for knocking a player out of a game and $1,000 for a carting a player off the field.
6.The NY Jets gave quarterback Mark Sanchez a three -year $40.5 milllion contract extension through 2016.
7.Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma allegedly offered $10,000 to any player who could knock Brett Favre out of the 2009 NFC Championship Game.
9. Tim Tebow, who recently signed with the New York Jets is scheduled to make about $6.8 million over the next three seasons.
10. New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton has been suspended for one year, the team will lose its second round pick in 2012 and ’13 and pay $500,000 as a result of the NFL’s bounty investigation, the league announced Wednesday