By Anthony McClean, Editor In Chief Emeritus NEW HAVEN (BASN) —...
LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS pt.6
2. Last year, Michael Vick was sacked 34 times.
3. Oregon Ducks’ cornerback and punt returner Cliff Harris was cited in June for driving 118 miles per hour on a suspended license, in a Nissan Altima rented by a woman in Oregon’s business affairs office.
4. The United States plans to spend $382 billion on 2,443 F-35 Stealth Fighters, making it the most costly weapons system in the history of the world.
5. The average price of a secondary ticket to a 2011 Nebraska Cornhuskers home game is $261, which is the most expensive ticket in college football
6. There has been a 24% rise in the number of Hispanics enrolled in 2010 compared with 2009, with much of the growth coming in community college.
8. Pat Summitt has won eight NCAA titles and 1,071 wins, which is more than any coach in college-basketball history.
9. Los Angeles Laker Ron Artest not only changed his name but he also changed his number from 37 to 70.
10. New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis only had 39 tackles last year.