Following a defiant seventh-round knockout of previously unbeaten Jose Pedraza (22-1, 12...
STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE pt.5
NORTH CAROLINA, (BASN)—1. Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis signed a five-year $35.5 million contract.
2. Darren Sproles signed a four-year, $14 million contract with the New Orleans Saints.
3. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw signed a four-year, $18 million deal with the NY Giants.
4. 5. Last week, former Oakland Raiders punter Ray Guy sold three of his Super Bowl rings for $96, 216.
5. Carolina Panthers general manager Marty Hurney, with the eager approval of owner Jerry Richardson, committed $144.5 million in guaranteed money to seven players this summer. Those players are RB Deangelo Williams, center Ryan Kalil, rookie QB Cam Newton, linebackers Thomas Davis, James Benson, James Anderson and defensive end Charles Johnson.
6. The Washington Redskins are worth $1.58 billion.
7. William “The Refrigerator” Perry sold his Super Bowl XX ring for $27,472.
8.. Kay Yow, the N.C.State women’s basketball coach, who started the Kay Yow Cancer Fund raised $4.3 million in two years before she died
9. UFC president Dana White awarded Brian Ebersole a $70,000 bonus for knocking out Dennis Hallman for wearing revealing briefs during a fight.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers James Harrison had fines totaling up to $100,000 last season.