A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis Ingram, Editor-in-Chief...
LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS
2. Deion Sanders thanked 109 people during his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction speech on August 6, 2011.
3. 7,500 Earth quakes have occurred in Christchurch, New Zealand since September, which is an average of more than 20 a day.
4. The Oklahoma Sooners have the longest home game winning streak in the nation at 36.
5. David Shaw is the 5th Stanford Alum to be named head coach.
6. This is Penn State’s head coach Joe Paterno’s 46th season coaching the Litany Lions.
7. Cam Newton is the 19th QB to be drafted No.1 overall since 1966
8. On Saturday, teams in the NFL cut down its 80 player roster to the mandatory 53 for the regular season.
9. Jamaica’s Usain Bolt won another gold medal by winning the 200 meters race in 19.40 seconds, which was his 4th best time, last Saturday, in Daegu, South Korea.
10. Since the BCS was created in 1998, only two teams, who had pre-season No.1 rankings in the coaches polls and turned it into a National Championship. Florida State did it 1999 and USC in 2004.