Following a defiant seventh-round knockout of previously unbeaten Jose Pedraza (22-1, 12...
WELCOME TO THE ENDZONE: SAY WHAT?
NORTH CAROLINA—(BASN) While Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been catching heat for his comments in Men’s Journal magazine. Today in the End zone, we take a look at some of the outlandish comments from the “Round Mound of Rebound” Sir Charles Barkley. You are not going to believe some of this stuff but he said it.
1. “I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I’d work for the Klan.”
2. “When I was recruited at Auburn University, they took me to a strip joint. When I saw those titties on Buffy, I knew Auburn met my academic requirements.”
3. “Crime will be down in NY tomorrow, because everyone will be at the game.”
4. I don’t listen to the refs. I don’t listen to anyone who makes less money than I right here in this room.
5. “Ex-teams are like ex-wives. Deep, deep down, you know you can’t stand them.”
6. “I don’t think I run my mouth. That’s just what redneck sportswriters say when you voice an opinion they disagree with. And I don’t think I’m someone who gets in trouble. If someone throws a drink in my face, I’m going to defend my damn self.”
7. “Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they’re still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn’t do much for them.”
8. “You know it’s gone to hell when the best rapper out there is a white guy and the best golfer is a Black guy.”
9. “Professional athletes should not be role models. Hell, I know drug dealers who can dunk. Can drug dealers be role models too?”
10. “The NBA’s in disarray-a white guy won the slam-dunk competition. We need to have another Million Man March.”
11. “Today is Jimmy Hatter’s birthday–he’s the gay guy we got workin’ behind the scenes, y’all. We hire them all at TNT.We do not discriminate. We hired the pimp last year, Craig Sager, and now we got Jimmy Hatter. We got all the ethnic groups covered.”
12. This is my schedule: I wake up in the morning decide where to play golf and drink beer all day.”