A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis Ingram, Editor-in-Chief...
Welcome To The Endzone: Oscar Night
But today, in the “Endzone” we have put our little twist on the ceremony by passing our favorite athletes in the top movies of the year.
1. “The King’s Speech” starring LeBron James of the Miami Heat.
Why? Because we all saw him stutter through his decision to take his “talents to South Beach”
2. “True Grit” starring Pittsburgh Steeler QB Big Ben Roethlisberger
Why? Because despite three alleged sexual misconduct charges, getting smacked in the face by Oakland Raiders, suffering a broken nose, and playing on a highly taped up ankle, he still managed to get the Steelers in the Super Bowl.
3. “The Social Network” starring T.O. and Chad Johnson
Why? Because these two controversial wide receivers took twitting to another level…It’s called the T.O.cho Show
4. “Inception” starring Los Angeles Laker Ron Artest
Why? Because he dreamed of winning a NBA Championship last year and wrote a song about a year before it happened. Then he thanked his psychologist after hitting the game-winning shot.
5. “Black Swan” starring Los Angeles Laker Pau Gasol
Why? Because recently his team mate Kobe Bryant said Gasol was playing too soft and needed to play more like the Black Swan instead of the white swan.
6. “The Kids are All Right” starring New York Jet Antonio Cromartie
Why? Because even though he has nine children by eight different women, he knows all of their names.
7. “The Fighter” starring Manny Pacquiao
Why? Because Floyd Mayweather is afraid to fight him.
8. “127 Hours” starring Minnesota Viking QB Brett Favre
Why? Because he literally had to cut off his own arm in order to retire.
9. “Toy Story 3″ starring rapper Birdman from Young Money/Cash Money
Why? Because he recently purchased a Bugatti which cost $2.1 million. Now, that’s an expensive toy.
10. “Winter’s Bone” starring Chicago Bear QB Jay Cutler
Why? Because we are still questioning whether Cutler really hurt his knee against the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship Game.