A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis...
Welcome To the Endzone: Whatcha talkin’ bout, Willis?
Coleman, who was a child star, became famous for playing Arnold Jackson on the hit sitcom Diff’rent Strokes. As a result, today in the End zone, we honor “little Gary Coleman” by using his hilarious catch phrase “Whatchoo talking bout, Willis?” while addressing some of the latest stories in the world of sports.
1. At the age of 40 years old, Ken Griffey Jr. of the Seattle Mariners was forced to retire after anonymous teammates claimed he fell asleep in the dugout during a game. (Whatchoo talking bout, Junior?)
2. Even though Albert Hanesworth received a check worth 21 million dollars, he refused to come to the Washington Redskins’ mandatory minicamp because he refuses to play in a 3-4 defense rather than 4-3 defense. (Whatchoo talking bout, Albert?)
3. Five-time Pro-Bowl wide receiver, Steve Smith, will miss the Carolina Panthers training camp because he broke his arm playing flag football at the YMCA. (Whatchoo talking bout, Steve?)
4. Tennessee Titans QB Vince Young was captured on film fighting in a Dallas Strip Club because the owner of the club disrespected him by turning the horns down on the Texas Longhorns hand sign. (Whatchoo talking bout, VY?)
5. On June 25th, Philadelphia Eagles’ QB Mike Vick celebrated his 30th birthday party but somebody got shot outside the club. (Whatchoo talking bout, Michael?)
6. Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler threw 27 touchdowns and 26 interceptions and was sacked 35 times last season for the Chicago Bears. And all this time, I thought, JaMarcus Russell was sorry. (Whatchoo talking bout, Jay?)
7. Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, who had nine fumbles last season (two in the playoffs) is now carrying a 14-pound football filled with sand in order to correct his fumbling problem. (Whatchoo talking bout, Adrian?)
8. New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush, like O.J. Simpson, played football at USC, loves white women, and may have his Heisman Trophy repossessed. (Whatchoo talking bout, Reggie?)
9. The Black Stars of Ghana defeated the United States 2-1 last Saturday, in the 2010 World Cup. (Whatchoo talking bout, U.S.?)
10. In order to get married, Minnesota Vikings DE Jared Allen cut off his mullet hairdo. (Whatchoo talking bout, Jared?)
11. After hitting a winning grand-slam to defeat the Seattle Mariners, Los Angeles Angels first baseman Kendry Morales injured his left ankle by leaping in air while celebrating and landing awkwardly as he reached home plate. (Whatchoo talking bout, Kendry?)
12. After 11 season with the Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb was traded to the Washington Redskins. (Whatchoo talking about, Donovan?)