CAROLINA CRISIS: THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU By Michael...
Welcome To The Endzone: Cha-Ching!!!!
By Eric D. Graham, BASN Staff Reporter
Updated: January 14, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA (BASN) — It’s a new year!! That’s right, it’s 2010. But 2009 was the year of the fine. Therefore, in today’s episode of in the “End Zone,” we take a look at several expensive fines giving to several athletes and one disgruntled owner for their inappropriate behavior.
1. On November 16, t he NFL has fined Titans owner Bud Adams $250,000 for making an obscene gesture at Buffalo fans while celebrating Tennessee’s victory over the Bills.
2. On September 13, Serena Williams was fined a record $82,500 for her tirade at a U.S. Open line judge and could be suspended from that tournament if she has another “major offense” at any in the next two years. After hearing this, I could shove this down somebody’s throat.
3. On December 9, Cowboys’ left tackle Flozell Adam was fined $50,000 for shoving Justin Tuck in the back during the Cowboys-Giants game in which the Cowboys lost 31-24. The league should fine Adams $1,000 every time he jumps off sides.
4. On October 18, the NFL has suspended Carolina Panthers defensive back $36,000 for launching himself into defenseless Tampa Bay punt returner Clifton Smith one game without pay, which amounts to about
5. On December 7, Cincinati’s Chad Ochocinco was fined $30,000 for briefly donning a mock poncho and a sombero next to the bench following his touchdown catch during a (23-13) win over the Detroit Lions Sunday. (Honestly, who cares)
6. On October 12, Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis was fined $25,000 for his vicious decapitating hit on Bengals’ WR Chad Ochocinco left the wide receiver without his helmet. Hell, he deserved.
7. On December 7, Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah was fined $15,000 for throwing the basketball into the stands and striking a photographer during the Bulls’ game against the Toronto Raptors.
8. On September 25, Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown was fined $10,000 by the NFL for wearing a Jason (Friday the 13th) hockey mask during game introductions. The NFL is “killing me” with these stupid fines.
9. On November 13, the NFL again fined Chad Ochocinco $20,000 for trying bribe a game official with a $1 bill during the Bengals 17-7 win over the Baltimore Ravens.
10. After all the brouhaha, gossip, police reports, newspaper articles, strippers and call-girls, Tiger Woods was issued a traffic citation for careless driving and fined $168, no criminal charges and case closed!
GRAND TOTAL: $518,500