By Eric D. Graham, BASN Staff Reporter
Updated: January 21, 2010
(BASN) — Everybody loved the legendary comedian Redd Foxx in the classic 70′s sitcom “Sanford & Son” in which he played a grumpy old junk man, who every episode would stare at his 30-year old son Lamont with those bitty eyes and say “You big dummy!”
So today in the “End zone” in the spirit of Fred G. Stanford, we name a few big dummies in the world of sports and television.
1. Mark McGwire, everybody knew you took steroids, because Jose Canseco told us. So, why didn’t you just tell the truth. Your arms were too big any way. You big dummy.
2. Boise State University’s Byron Hout, I know you got sucker punched by University of Oregon’s running back LeGarrette Blount after the game but in a game like that “keep your helmet on and your mouth shut”. DUMMY.
3. Last October, Seattle Seahawks fullback Owen Schmitt got so hyped during the pre-game introduction against the Jacksonville Jacquars that he smacked himself on the head with his own helmet. Now that’s a bloody dummy. Dummy.
4. Gilbert Arenas, I know you are a “shooting guard” but you didn’t have to bring guns to the coliseum to prove it. You Big Dummy.
5. This is a little advice to the three Tennessee
football players (Mike Edwards, Janzen Jackson and Nu’Keese Richardson), who were arrested in Knoxville on charges of attempted armed robbery. Don’t wear a shirt with the University of Tennessee on it when you are trying not to get caught. You big dummies.
6.Marcus Jordan, I know, you are the son of NBA legend Michael Jordan, but if you aren’t better than your dad, who cares. Wear the damn shoes, because you cost the University of Central Florida a $ 3million, six-year contract with Adidas. Dummy.
7. ESPN sports talk show Mike Greenberg of the Mike and Mike Morning Show seems to say “Martin Luther Coon, Jr.” before quickly correcting it to “King, Jr.” live on his show. Was he tongue-tied or Was it a Freudian slip? I don’t know…but You’re a BIG DUMMY, nevertheless.
8. After the apocalyptic earthquake hit Port-au-Prince, Haiti that estimated killed over 250,000 people and left over 1.5 million people homeless, Pat Robertson, the American Christian televangelist and host of “The 700 Club” said that the people of Haiti were “cursed” and made a pact with the devil. Pat, how is this possible when you are the “DEVIL!!!” You BIG DUMMY.
All comments in this article were given by Bobbee Bee “The Hater”.
YOU BIG DUMMY!!!