Boxing promoter Lou DiBella has put together a very intriguing match-up between...
A Race For Second
CONNECTICUT (BASN) — A capsule look at the Big East women’s basketball race heading into conference play.
- UConn: Simply the best team in the country. Maya Moore may be the greatest women’s player of all-time. Tina Charles is certainly a first team all-American.
- Notre Dame: They are currently undefeated under head coach Muffett McGraw and appear to be the only team in Conference capable of competing with UConn.
- Syracuse: They are perhaps the surprise team in Conference. Erica Morrow is a top guard. The 33 pt. win over Old Dominion is especially impressive.
- St. John’s: They had an impressive 14 pt. win at Florida and Da’Shena Stevens is a top notch scorer and rebounder.
- Pittsburgh: This is a top 20 team. Their win against Austin Peay was not impressive but they did have impressive wins over Florida and Western Michigan. Taneisha Harrison is playing very well.
- West Virginia: Another team that has over achieved this year under head coach Mike Carey. Liz Repella is scoring quite well.
- Georgetown: Another surprise in Conference with a very impressive 16 pt. road win against Purdue. Sugar Rodgers is leading the way in scoring.
- DePaul: Good win against Arkansas and fine play all season by Deirdre Naughton. Tough loss at Rutgers.
- Villanova: Their defense has been up to norm and was especially significant in a 44-32 win at Temple.
- Marquette: Strong wind against Creighton. Angel Robinson is the star of the team both in scoring and rebounding.
- USF: They had a strong victory against Washington and have been led by Janae Stokes from the outside.
- Rutgers: As usual, an early season disappointment. They did beat Boston College and narrowly loss to Georgia and Texas, but they have the talent to be undefeated. They need to up their scoring average with the athletes which they have.
- Cincinnati: Decent win against Eastern Kentucky but they had been up and down all season.
- Louisville: The team that made it to the National Championship game last year is playing horribly right now. They recently suffered a 34 pt. loss at Kentucky and had a narrow win against New Hampshire.
- Seton Hall: They have played very weak competition but Ebonie Williams is playing quite well. The loss to UConn at home made them look like a CYO team.
- Providence: They had a good home upset win against Hartford but difficult losses to both Hofstra and at home against Vermont.