By Professor Fred Whitted NORTH CAROLINA (BASN) — The title above...
Heading Back To Trinidad
Shane Simmonds, after successfully defending his title at this year’s “Makka Pro” is the current points leader in the junior division, and with a second place showing in the open men division, is Jamaica’s top ranked surfer in both divisions of the ’09 series.
Other top finishers in the open men who will make the trip included last year’s runner up in the men’s open division Inilek Wilmot, Luke Williams, Ackeam Phillips, Icah Wilmot and Michael Panton who all finished in the money, with Eneson Lightbourn finishing in the prizes in the pro juniors.
“We want to cement Jamaica’s name as a real contender for Caribbean surfing dominance, and with the caliber of athletes we now have I think we have what is necessary to take Jamaican surfing “To The World” said JSA President Billy Wilmot.
Jamaica’s participation in this series was made possible through the kind sponsorship support of The Sports Development Foundation, Insight, Xtrak, Magma, Ipath, Mailpac AND The JSA.
CURRENT MENS DIVISION STANDINGS (US$)
1. Lewis St. John BAR $1,200.00
2. Shane Simmonds JAM $ 700.00
3. Jordan Heaselgrave BAR $ 500.00
4. Inilek Wilmot JAM $ 300.00
5. Luke Williams JAM $ 250.00
6. Ackeam Phillips JAM $ 200.00
7. Icah Wilmot JAM $ 150.00
8. Michael Panton JAM $ 100.00 WOMEN DIVISION STANDINGS (US$)
1. Chelsea Tuach BAR $600.00
2. Ametza Nichols BAR $300.00
3. Imani Wilmot JAM $150.00
4. Jessica Williams JAM $100.00
JUNIOR DIVISION STANDINGS
1. Shane Simmonds JAM Trip to Trinidad
2. Jordan Heaselgrave BAR Prizes
3. Stefan Corbin BAR Prizes
4. Eneson Lightbourn JAM Prizes