A Very American Coup By Michael – Louis Ingram, Editor-in-Chief...
Welcome to the Endzone
NORTH CAROLINA (BASN) — According to Webster’s Dictionary, belief is the assent to anything proposed or declared and it’s acceptance as fact, by reason of the authority whence its proceeds, apart from personal knowledge.
Now, that’s a difficult definition to comprehend especially if you scored a 680 on your SAT.
But can you believe it’s football season already?
I know it’s hard to believe. Matter of fact, we’re approaching Week Three in the NFL. Believe it or not? But here are a few things to think about while you are trying to avoid going to church next Sunday in order to watch the game.
1. Can you believe Terrell Owens is playing for the Buffalo Bills and might end is career without a Super Bowl Ring? Now that’s a real reality show, T.O.
2. Can you believe O.J. Simpson went to jail for stealing his own stuff and Plaxico Burress is going to jail for shooting himself. Is this the Twilight Zone or the End Zone?
3. Can you believe the Dallas Cowboys have not won a playoff game since 1996?
And the Cowboys can’t blame T.O. for that.
4. Can you believe the 2008 Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers’ Head Coach Mike Tomlin is only 37 years old? Thanks Dan Rooney. NFL, take heed and hire more Black coaches. Besides, we have a Black President Now.
5. Can you believe that Brett Favre is playing for the Minnesota Vikings?
There will be no Lambeau leaps this year in Green Bay when Favre returns home on Sunday November 1st.
6. Can you believe the NFL has a “Hines Ward Rule” put in place to protect defensive players from Pittsburgh Steeler wide receiver Hines Ward? All I can say is “Buckle your chin strap on defense fellas.”
7. Can you believe Donovan McNabb injuried his ribs in the first game of the season against the Carolina Panthers and that Jeff Garcia is back in Philly?
Maybe, the Eagles should get T.O. back next year. Hey, we break up to make up.
8. Can you believe Stephen A. Smith is no longer on ESPN?
Now who’s going to keep Skip Bayless in check.
9. Can you believe the Carolina Panthers’ Jake Delhomme has thrown 9 interceptions in his last three NFL starts? Maybe. Steve Smith should punch Jake in the nose instead of teammate Chris Gamble.
10. Can you believe John Madden is no longer in the broadcast booth and has been replaced with Cris Collinsworth? Don’t you just HATE Cris Collinsworth’s arrogant ass.
11. Can you believe Wes Walker has caught more passes than any other wide receiver in NFL in the last two season? He is pretty fast for a Caucasian.
12. Can you believe Michael Vick’s dog fighting operation was named Bad Newz Kennel? The Good News is Michael Vick is out of jail and playing for the Philadelphia Eagles.
13. Can you believe the Philadelphia Eagles (10) have won more playoff games than any other team except the New England Patriots (14) in the last ten years but haven’t won a Super Bowl?
The only other team to win ten playoff games is the Pittsburgh Steelers, who have won six Super Bowls overall.