By BASN Wire Services ATLANTA — The sneaker industry has gone...
Half Full or Half Empty??
Detroit Lions’ rookie head coach Jim Schwartz and rookie quarterback Matthew Stafford — who signed a $41.7 million guaranteed contract — should memorize and recite them every night before they go to bed like bible verses.
The hapless Lions, who have lost 18 games in a row, prepare to play Washington this week after losing (again) to the Minnesota Vikings this past Sunday 27-13.
The five advantages for playing a losing team are the following:
1. There is everything to hope for and nothing for fear.
2. Defeats do not disturb one’s sleep
3. An occasional victory is a surprise and a delight
4. There is no danger of any club passing you
5. You are not asked 50 times a day “What was the score?” because people take it for granted that you lost.
But people might ask what the score is this week when the winless Lions play Washington, because D.C. managed to only score nine points against the St. Louis Rams.
The Lions as well as the city of Detroit, who has filed for bankruptcy needs a win this week against Washington because the next game scheduled are against the Bears in Chicago, the Steelers at home, and the Packers in Lambeau field.
But if they don’t win, tell the citizens of Detroit to memorize the five advantages for playing for a losing team.
Let’s go Lions!!