By Anthony McClean, Editor In Chief Emeritus NEW HAVEN (BASN) —...
The ‘Whine’ and Cheese Club
NORTH CAROLINA — Yo Ref, Where’s the foul at?
Don’t get me wrong. They are some bad refs in the NBA, who occasionally make some really bad calls. But some times, a “no-call” is a good call.
Because honestly, you could call a foul on every play in the NBA, if you really wanted to whether it’s an innocent bump, a simple hip check, a little elbow, a knee to the back, or an invisible touch foul that alters one’s shot slightly.
But be careful not to blow the whistle on these five players cause if you do, you’ll regret it.
1. Kobe Bryant heads the list of the notorious whistle-blowers. Kobe is a little, spoiled military brat but he is the apple of everybody’s eye. But when he gets in trouble, he is guaranteed to tell on everybody else. “I did it but what about….” The classic tale-tell.
2. Next on the list, is Allen Iverson, “little Tupac with a jump shot. A.I. is always complaining with a look of disgust on his face as if he has an upset stomach. He always wants to play but when things don’t go his way, he quits and takes the basketball with him.
3. Number three, is Tim Duncan aka the “perfect child.” Duncan is constantly complaining and whining over spilled milk. He isolates himself in the corner with his shoulders slumed over in a mild state of depression with a blank look on his face. When he gets caught with his hands in the cookie jar, however he flings his arms in the air in disbelief asking the question “What did I do?”. Tim go sit back in the corner and take a TIME-OUT.
4. Lebron James a.k.a. “little Bron-Bron” comes in a number four. He is a man-child bigger than all the other kids in his class. But he is always complaining about somebody touched him or hit him too hard. As a result, his mother tries to come to his rescue saying “Which one of you hit my son?” Go home to mom “little Bron-Bron.”
5. And last but not least, Rasheed Wallace a.k.a ” RA-RA:The Hell-raiser”. Rasheed is a ticking-time bomb ready to explode. If you blow the whistle on him, he instantly throws a temper tantrum and tries to intimidate you by staring you down and using foul language. The only way to deal with his terrorist threats is to throw him out of game.