Following a defiant seventh-round knockout of previously unbeaten Jose Pedraza (22-1, 12...
CISA Announces Speakers For Sports Convention
DAKAR, Africa — Just one month away from the second edition of CISA: Africa International Sport Convention, the event organizers have made public the names of speakers who will be in the panels of the five discussion topics on CISA 2008 program.
These speakers are well respected African and international sport leaders and include:
– Mohamed Mzali (Tunisia) – IOC Member and former prime minister of Tunisia.
– Mustapha Larfaoui (Algeria) – IOC Member and President UCSA – Union of African Sport Confederations.
– Sam Ramsamy (South Africa) – IOC Member.
– Kip Keino (Kenya) – IOC Member and Olympic Champion.
– Lassana Palenfo (Cote d’Ivoire) – IOC Member and President of the Association of the National Olympic Committee of Africa (ANOCA).
– Umar Aliyu Modibo (Nigeria) – Mayor of Abuja.
– Tomas Sithole (Zimbabwe) – Director of International relations and development, IOC.
– Gustavo Conceicao (Angola) – Secretary General of ANOCA.
– Cheikh ThiarÃ© (Senegal) – Cabinet Director to IAAF President.
– Rodney Swigelaar (South Africa) – African Regional Director of WADA.
– Habu Gumel (Nigeria) – Nigerian NOC President.
– Michel Tchoya (Cameroon) – Administrative Director of SCSA.
– Derek Casey (Scotland) – Glasgow 2014.
– Mactar Silla (Senegal) – Managing Director of STV (Cameroon).
– Gabriel DollÃ© (France) – Head of IAAF medical and anti doping department.
– Habib CissÃ© (Senegal) – Attorney-at-law in Paris.
– Olivier Nyamkey (Cote d’Ivoire) – Project officer, Olympic Solidarity
The remaining five speakers will be confirmed in the next newsletter to be published on Monday, January 28. They will discuss about the following themes:
Theme 1: The financing of sport in Africa
Theme 2: Doping in sport
Theme 3: Media and sport
Theme 4: Sport and migration: has Africa got the means to keep its own talent home?
Theme 5: Bidding and organization for major events, what kind of legacy for organizing cities / countries?
The Africa International Sport Convention (CISA) is an event initiated and organized by the company JAPPO S.A which was held for the first time in February 2007. CISA gathers during 3 days the large decision makers of the sporting world (presidents of federations, sports associations, the CNO, CIO etc).
In 2007, CISA attracted more than 200 participants coming from 35 countries around the 5 continents. The second edition will be held in Abuja (Nigeria) from February 21-23.
NOTE: For more information visit the site of CISA: www.cisa2008.com.